Arbor Day is coming up in March and today, we are going to talk about why it's so important for us to celebrate! Trees are beneficial in more ways than one. In fact, they can save you money and add value to your home, all at the same time! While that might be hard to believe, it's true! Over the course of the next several blog posts, we are going to be talking about trees, their benefits and how to celebrate this upcoming day!
Arbor Day is a day that encourages us all to plant a new tree. On this day, many new trees are planted. It's a great way to replace all the ones that have been cut down for various reasons throughout the year.
Arbor Day | Raleigh Remodeling
You may be wondering how you can celebrate a day that deals with planting a new tree. According to arborday.org, you can celebrate in many ways, including the following:
- Choose a public park or downtown area to clean up.
- Encourage neighborhood organizations to hold Arbor Day block parties.
- Hold a Read-In at the library.
- Hold an Arbor Day Birthday Party for the community.
- Hold an Arbor Day ceremony and honor the good stewards in your community.
- Host a concert.
- Host a reception to honor the Tree Board members in your community.
- Organize a Big Tree or Oldest Tree search within your community.
- Organize a tree identification hike.
- Plant a tree.
- Read a book about trees.
- Schedule classes on tree pruning, tree selection, tree identification and tree planting.
- Sponsor a craft show featuring exhibitors who engage in crafts with natural materials.
- Sponsor a poster contest, poetry contest or tree trivia contest.
- Volunteer with a local tree-planting organization.
- Write a story, produce a play, or present a skit about trees.
Below you'll find a few facts and statistics that show how important planting new tress can be. This might help you decide to add more to your home's exterior in an attempt to not only help our environment but also to add value to your home. This is a great Raleigh remodeling improvement that you can easily do for little cost and effort!
Statistics and Facts | Raleigh Remodeling
- Healthy, mature trees add an average of 10 percent to a property's value. - USDA Forest Service
- In laboratory research, visual exposure to settings with trees has produced significant recovery from stress within five minutes, as indicated by changes in blood pressure and muscle tension. - Dr. Roger S. Ulrich, Texas A&M University
- Landscaping, especially with trees, can increase property values as much as 20 percent. - Management Information Services/ICMA
- Nationally, the 60 million street trees have an average value of $525 per tree. - Management Information Services
- One acre of forest absorbs six tons of carbon dioxide and puts out four tons of oxygen. This is enough to meet the annual needs of 18 people. - U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Shade from trees could save up to $175 per year (per structure) in air conditioning costs. - Dr. Lowell Ponte
- The net cooling effect of a young, healthy tree is equivalent to ten room-size air conditioners operating 20 hours a day. - U.S. Department of Agriculture
- The planting of trees means improved water quality, resulting in less runoff and erosion. This allows more recharging of the ground water supply. Wooded areas help prevent the transport of sediment and chemicals into streams. - USDA Forest Service
- There are about 60–200 million spaces along our city streets where trees could be planted. This translates to the potential to absorb 33 million more tons of CO2 every year and saving $4 billion in energy costs. - National Wildlife Federation
- Trees can be a stimulus to economic development, attracting new business and tourism. Commercial retail areas are more attractive to shoppers, apartments rent more quickly, tenants stay longer, and space in a wooded setting is more valuable to sell or rent. - Arbor Day Foundation
- Trees can boost the market value of your home by an average of 6 or 7 percent. - Dr. Lowell Ponte
- Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30 percent and can save 20–50 percent in energy used for heating. - USDA Forest Service
We hope you're encouraged to celebrate Arbor Day 2017. To learn more, be sure to visit with our next blog post! We will talk more about trees and how they can add value to your home!
Renovatia | Raleigh Remodeling
Want to learn more about Raleigh remodeling? Be sure to visit back with us, soon! Our experts are here to further explain every aspect of great home improvement and how it can add value to your home. Are you ready to get started transforming your current home into the house of your dreams?! All you have to do is contact Renovatia, home remodeling company in Raleigh! We hope to hear from you soon!
If you’re considering new Raleigh vinyl siding for your home’s exterior cladding, contact Renovatia today. We are here to help you make the best decisions for your home as well as help you plan, design, and remodel your current home into the home of your dreams!